We are firmly committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy.
This policy reflects the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the Act) and incorporates the ten principles of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information (CAN/CSA-Q830-96), which was published in March 1996 as a National Standard of Canada.
This policy applies solely to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the other website provider’s security policy. We have no control over that provider’s policy or the terms of its website, so you should check these before proceeding to the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling out a form on our website, https://www.trsb.com, is recorded. This includes information you provide when registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site may be recorded, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, as available, for system administration or reporting purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual, and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver better, more personalized service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, which enables us to customize our site to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you return to our site.
Storage of your personal data
Any sensitive information will be encrypted. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password enabling you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We protect personal information in a manner appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
We use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information, including shredding paper records and permanently deleting electronic records.
We retain personal information only as long as is reasonable for the purposes for which the information was collected or for legal or business purposes.
Uses made of the information
We use information collected about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- in cases where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you;
- to fulfill our obligations arising from any contracts we have entered into with you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, provided you have chosen to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we:
- sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- are compelled to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal, commercial or other obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) whether we intend to use your data for such purposes or to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prohibit such processing at any time by contacting us at [email protected]. From time to time, our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information collected about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be made by contacting us at [email protected].