We are seeking a terminologist who will meet the needs of our translation team for a banking sector client. The incumbent will help manage and populate terminology databases, as well as standardize terminology used in the designated field or in related fields.
AS A TERMINOLOGIST, YOUR DAILY ROUTINE WOULD CONSIST IN:
- Performing periodic thematic terminology searches to catalogue terms specific to a particular industry or organization, and creating terminology files for future referral.
- Managing, populating, updating and disseminating the linguistic information collected in the term bases.
- Ensuring the uniformity and consistency of terminology based on client preferences and style guides, as well as changes in terminology specific to a client or industry.
- Acting as a linguistic advisor to clients.
- Extracting terms from texts to set up term bases.
- Acting as a resource person for translators, revisers and proofreaders working on texts that require specialized terminology.
- As required, translating documents with a significant terminology content, while taking into account TRSB standards and the clients’ terminology preferences and style guides.
THIS POSITION MAY BE IDEAL FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in translation or linguistics, with a specialization in terminology.
- Have at least two years’ experience as a terminologist, primarily in a structured environment.
- Are fluent in English.
- Have excellent French writing skills.
- Are familiar with banking terminology and have a strong interest in this sector.
- Are naturally curious.
- Care about delivering quality work.
- Are thorough and meticulous.
- Are able to manage priorities and have good organizational skills.
- Are proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Are familiar with advanced translation-assistance tools.
- Are able to handle tight deadlines.
- Are flexible and available.
- Are enthusiastic about meeting challenges and show a clear willingness to work on your continued improvement.
- Are a member of a recognized professional association such as OTTIAQ, EAC or ATIO (an asset).
TRSB offers a competitive total compensation package along with a range of benefits (e.g., RRSP and DPSP, partial reimbursement of public transit expenses, sports credit, teleworking, specialized training). You will enjoy stimulating challenges and opportunities for advancement in a congenial atmosphere.