Are you a quality control specialist seeking to join a team of dynamic, experienced professionals driven by a desire to make Quebec a global hub for translation? TRSB is looking for a proofreader to work on a variety of documents. You are not only fluent in French, but you also have eagle eyes that enable you to spot all kinds of errors in the documents assigned to you.
You ensure quality control for documents translated from English into French by internal and external resources.
AS A PROOFREADER, YOUR DAILY ROUTINE AT TRSB WOULD CONSIST IN:
- Checking technical or other terms (online or using translation tools).
- Using the quality control standards defined for the project, carefully reading through the target text, with or without comparison against the source text, to make sure it’s free of spelling, grammatical or typographical errors.
- Using the quality control standards defined for the project, proofreading based on the page layout, text and image layout, factual elements, pagination, etc.
- Making sure that terminology is consistent and that the client’s instructions are followed.
THIS POSITION MAY BE IDEAL FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Have at least one year of experience in proofreading, translation or quality control acquired in a structured environment.
- Are fluent in written French and very proficient in English.
- Are able to handle stress and always strive to meet deadlines.
- Are proficient with the following tools: MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Are comfortable with various technology tools.
- Are detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Have in-depth knowledge of translation assistance tools (e.g., Trados, LogiTerm, MultiTerm).
TRSB offers a competitive total compensation package along with a range of benefits (e.g., RRSP and DPSP, partial reimbursement of public transit expenses, sports credit, teleworking, specialized training). You will enjoy stimulating challenges and opportunities for advancement in a congenial atmosphere.