We are looking for a project manager who will be responsible for determining and assessing client needs with respect to project feasibility, cost-effectiveness, and scheduling. The incumbent will also prepare estimates, negotiate agreements with clients, ensure compliance with job quotes, and coordinate production activities. The incumbent will also ensure that quality service is provided to clients.
AS PROJECT MANAGER, YOUR DAILY ROUTINE WILL CONSIST IN:
- Receiving translation/revision/localization requests and analyzing them.
- Determining client needs and project feasibility and profitability, and recommending suitable solutions.
- Quoting, writing and submitting estimates to clients, including deadlines, costs, and other project terms and conditions.
- Defining budgets allocated to projects, scheduling project stages, preparing execution timetables, and ensuring compliance with initially stated work processes and phases.
- Assigning work to competent linguistic resources.
- Following up on assigned projects by making sure that intermediate deadlines, final deadlines, and the budget are met and, where required, determining corrective measures and making sure they are applied, then communicating with clients to notify them of any changes that were made.
- On a daily basis, acting as the main resource person for clients and contributors working on projects, such as in terms of solving problems related to projects or brought up by clients or stakeholders.
- Making sure clients are satisfied and helping build client loyalty.
- Participating in the various production and management meetings.
- Invoicing projects.
THIS POSITION MAY BE IDEAL FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in translation or in a related field.
- Have at least five years’ experience in translation project management.
- Are bilingual in French and English, both spoken and written.
- Enjoy working with a team and exceeding expectations.
- Are familiar with layout, computer graphics, and graphic design.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Are conscientious about the quality of your work.
- Have a proven talent for communication and negotiation.
- Are familiar with advanced translation-assistance tools.
- Are able to handle tight deadlines.
- Are flexible and available.
- Are enthusiastic about meeting challenges and show a clear willingness to work on your continued improvement.
TRSB offers a competitive total compensation package along with a range of benefits (e.g., RRSP and DPSP, partial reimbursement of public transit expenses, sports credit, teleworking, specialized training). You will enjoy stimulating challenges and opportunities for advancement in a congenial atmosphere.