TRSB believes that protecting the environment is integral to business and sustainability. It has therefore committed to a continuous improvement process within which the environmental impact of some of its products, activities, and services is reduced to a minimum. TRSB also encourages its employees, clients, and suppliers to adopt these same practices.
TRSB’s environmental policy outlines its commitment to providing a healthy and safe workplace while protecting the environment, saving energy, and preserving natural resources.
In keeping with its commitment, TRSB:
- Is compliant with all applicable environmental laws, regulations, and requirements, as well as recognized industry standards and practices related to its activities, and, where possible, strives to go even further;
- Carries out its activities in an ecologically responsible manner within the local community and takes action to rectify incidents or conditions that may be detrimental to health, safety or the environment;
- Preserves natural resources by adopting practices to prevent pollution: extending the life of equipment by planning preventive maintenance, making sensible purchases, restoring used equipment, and so on;
- Identifies and assesses the risks and negative impacts of its activities on the environment and adopts technically sound and economically viable strategies to avoid or reduce them;
- Takes steps to reduce its energy consumption and improve the efficiency of its energy systems;
- Continues to reduce its carbon footprint through the introduction of virtual environments;
- Consumes water responsibly;
- Is committed to reducing its waste to a minimum, such as by instituting a paperless workplace;
- Has established procedures to help ensure that personnel members know, understand, and respect all applicable environmental laws, regulations, and requirements;
- Supports, by means of community giving and sponsorships, environmental protection initiatives undertaken by external groups and organizations;
- Performs periodic checks to ensure that its environmental protection processes are being followed correctly;
- Takes a proactive role in initiatives to protect the environment and to develop laws and guidelines at all levels of government;
- Incorporates environmental protection into its planning and decision-making processes and monitors, measures and communicates its effectiveness in this regard;
- Promptly reports any instances of noncompliance in accordance with government requirements, investigates the causes and takes the necessary corrective action.