TRANSLATOR (FR> EN)
Are you a specialist in general translation into English and would you like to be part of a team of experienced and dynamic professionals to help make Quebec a global hub for translation? TRSB is looking for candidates with solid experience in the field of general translation into English. Whether you want to translate, revise or supervise our employees, we offer a work environment that promotes the transfer of knowledge between colleagues.
You will need to translate texts of varying complexity in the general area into English.
You may also be called upon to revise texts translated by your colleagues or our external collaborators in order to ensure their quality.
As a translator, your day at TRSB will consist of:
- Produce turnkey and high visibility translations into English, respecting TRSB standards as well as the terminological and stylistic preferences of our clients.
- Perform the basic terminology research required for these translations.
- Review and control the quality of the content and format of translations produced in-house or performed by freelancers, always taking into account TRSB standards and terminological and stylistic preferences of clients.
- Provide the coaching and feedback needed for the revised internal and external translators.
The position may be suitable for you if you:
- Have a minimum of five to eight years of experience in translation into English, especially in the general field, acquired in a structured environment. Work experience in a translation firm or in a corporate language service will be considered an important asset.
- Hold an undergraduate or graduate university degree in translation or in a relevant field (membership of a recognized professional order, for example OTTIAQ, CAB or ATIO, is an asset).
- Have an excellent command of English and French, both oral and written.
- Have a general curiosity and a confirmed talent for writing.
- Take care of a job well done and be meticulous and rigorous.
- Know how to use powerful translation assistance tools (Trados, LogiTerm, MultiTerm, etc.).
- Have the ability to manage tight deadlines.
TRSB offers competitive overall compensation enhanced by several advantages (RRSP and RPDB, partial reimbursement of public transportation costs, sports credit, telework, specialized training, etc.). You will take up stimulating challenges and have opportunities for advancement in a friendly environment.