TECHNICIAN, DESKTOP PUBLISHING (DTP)
You will be responsible for preparing and post-processing files produced using translation assistance applications. You will also be responsible for document layouts, with special attention to client preferences and deadlines set by the project management team. You may also be required to enter corrections.
AS A DTP TECHNICIAN, YOUR DAILY ROUTINE WOULD CONSIST IN:
- Preparing and post-processing files produced using translation assistance applications.
- Finalizing the layout of documents within the stated deadlines, based on client preferences and instructions.
- Entering corrections requested by language professionals.
THIS POSITION MAY BE IDEAL FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Have a college degree in office technology or computer graphics, or three to five years’ relevant experience.
- Have at least three years’ experience in a similar position at a service firm.
- Are proficient with Microsoft Office, InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and Quark.
- Have excellent knowledge of typographical conventions and page layout concepts and techniques, and the use of style sheets and templates.
- Are able to handle tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Are fluent in French and English, both spoken and written.
- Have a good sense of urgency and priorities.
- Have a sense of responsibility.
- Are a team player.
- Show initiative.
- Are flexible.
- Are familiar with translation-assistance tools (Trados Studio).
TRSB offers a competitive total compensation package along with a range of benefits (e.g., RRSP and DPSP, partial reimbursement of public transit expenses, sports credit, teleworking, specialized training). You will enjoy stimulating challenges and opportunities for advancement in a congenial atmosphere.