SEASONED TRANSLATOR, BANKING (EN > FR)
Do you have a keen interest in banking translation and are seeking to join a team of dynamic, experienced professionals driven by a desire to make Quebec a global hub for translation? TRSB is seeking candidates with extensive experience in the banking sector. Whether you’re interested in translating, revising or supervising our employees, we offer a work environment that promotes knowledge sharing among colleagues.
You will be required to translate texts of varying complexity in the banking sector.
You may also be asked to revise texts translated by your colleagues or our external collaborators for purposes of quality control.
AS A TRANSLATOR, YOUR DAILY ROUTINE WOULD CONSIST IN:
- Producing turnkey, high-visibility translations in accordance with TRSB standards, as well as the terminological and stylistic preferences of its clients.
- Performing the basic terminology searches required for such translations.
- Revising and controlling the quality of the content and format of translations produced in-house or by freelancers, in keeping with TRSB’s standards and the terminological and stylistic preferences of its clients.
- Providing the internal and external translators being revised with the required supervision and feedback.
THIS POSITION MAY BE IDEAL FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Have at least eight to ten years of experience in translation, including five years in banking. Experience working in a translation firm or in a corporate linguistic services department will be considered a major asset.
- Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in translation or in a related field (membership in a recognized professional association, such as OTTIAQ, EAC or ATIO, is an asset).
- Are fluent in French and English, both spoken and written.
- Have good knowledge of banking documents.
- Have natural curiosity and a strong interest in the banking sector.
- Care about delivering quality work, and are detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Are proficient with translation assistance tools, such as Trados, LogiTerm, and MultiTerm.
- Can handle tight deadlines.
- Are willing to work overtime during busy periods.
TRSB offers a competitive total compensation package along with a range of benefits (e.g., RRSP and DPSP, partial reimbursement of public transit expenses, sports credit, teleworking, specialized training). You will enjoy stimulating challenges and opportunities for advancement in a congenial atmosphere.