COMPUTER-AIDED TRANSLATION (CAT) TECHNICIAN
Reporting to the Team Leader, Localization & CAT, the incumbent will be responsible for preparing and post-processing documents treated using translation-assistance applications. They handle the maintenance of translation memories and term bases, manage access to severs, align bilingual documents to populate translation memories, and provide support to translation-assistance application users. The incumbent will also be called upon to edit and test applications and localized websites.
AS A CAT TECHNICIAN, YOUR DAILY ROUTINE WOULD CONSIST IN:
- Preparing and post-processing documents treated with translation-assistance applications.
- Managing access to servers.
- Providing technical support to both internal and external users.
- Aligning documents to populate translation memories.
- Ensuring the maintenance of translation memories and term bases.
- Installing and upgrading translation software.
- Editing and testing applications and localized websites..
THIS POSITION MAY BE IDEAL FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Have a certificate or DESS (diploma of higher specialized studies) in localization, a bachelor’s degree in translation, or a certificate or college degree in computer science or a related field.
- Are bilingual, both spoken and written.
- Have a natural proficiency with computer tools.
- Have a marked interest for learning new technologies and a great capacity for assimilation.
- Have good customer service skills.
- Are available outside of regular business hours.
- Have good organizational and priority management skills.
- Are proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Have good knowledge of HTML, XML, and scripts.
- Are familiar with translation assistance applications such as SDL Trados, LogiTerm, and MultiTrans (an asset).
- Are familiar with programming languages (an asset).
- Have good knowledge of localization tools, such as Passolo and Catalyst (an asset).
TRSB offers a competitive total compensation package along with a range of benefits (e.g., RRSP and DPSP, partial reimbursement of public transit expenses, sports credit, teleworking, specialized training). You will enjoy stimulating challenges and opportunities for advancement in a congenial atmosphere.